- CFA Program is a professional credential offered by the CFA Institute (formerly AIMR) to investment & financial professionals and students
- The CFA Program Certification has three different Levels and the minimum time required to clear all three is approximately 2 years
- CFA® charter holder membership requirements are 48 months of acceptable professional work experience and passing the Level I, Level II, and Level III exams
- Global Recognition: With a six-decade history of maintaining a rigorous focus on globally relevant investment knowledge, the CFA Program is the most widely known and respected investment credential in the world.
- Career Advantage: Employers recognize the CFA charter as the definitive standard by which to measure the competence, integrity, and dedication of serious investment professionals.
- Practical Skills: The CFA Program curriculum focuses on the practical knowledge and current real-world skills necessary in the global investment management profession. These skills are immediately useful on the job.
- Community: Earning the CFA charter places you in the company of an elite group of more than 90,000 respected investment professionals. Access to their collective expertise, networks, and resources is an invaluable asset. Source cfainstitute.org
- Minimum Eligibility: The candidate should be in Final Year of graduation to pursue CFA Level I Exam
- To get the charter: Four years of qualified, professional work experience, in addition to passing the CFA level I, II and III
Level I exam is available in June & December each year. Level II & III exams are available in June each year
|Level||Style||No of Questions||Duration|
|I||Multiple Choice||240||6 hrs|
|II||Multiple choice vignette style||120||6 hrs|
|III||50% essay type, 50% multiple choice||60||6 hrs|
The recommended preparation time is 250 hours for each level.
Why Chartered Financial Analyst?
- Most recognized global designation for finance professional in the world
- Chartered Financial Analysts are regarded as an expert in finance by clients, recruiters and employers
- Especially useful in Investment Banking, Portfolio Management, Investment Research and Security Analysis